The company today
…in a nutshell!
- E.J. Papadopoulos SA owns four production sites in different areas of Greece (Athens, Thessaloniki, Volos and Oinofyta), as well as a central warehouse in the west of Attica (Aspropyrgos area), all of them certified and operated according to the International Quality Management Standard ISO 9001:2015 and the Food Safety Standard ISO 22000:2005, including the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) system. The above certifications apply to all company’s activities, whether administrative, production or commercial.
- E.J. Papadopoulos SA currently employs approximately 1,200 people.
- It is the leader in the biscuit industry and a strong player in the bread substitute segment (Rusks, Breadsticks, Krispies). More specifically, the company ranks second in the overall rusk market and is a leader in the category of premium rusks. Fostering a spirit of innovation and growth, along with a pioneering outlook, the company continues to expand into new product categories! In 2011, the company created a revolutionary product in the field of cereal bars, the Digestive Bar, the first ever cereal bar to be made with biscuits. In 2013, the company extended its presence in the Greek market with the launch of packaged sliced bread.
- It has 3 sales departments across Greece, and specifically in the cities of Athens, Thessaloniki and Volos. Product distribution, at the rest of the country, is handled by a network of local partners. A total of 200 sales representatives and merchandisers work in the field each day, along with a number of wholesalers, in order to ensure the wide distribution of the company’s products.
- Papadopoulos company is currently present in more than forty countries across five continents – with the Caprice brand leading the way –, while Southeastern Europe, along with Cyprus, constitutes an area of strategic growth.
- E.J. Papadopoulos SA has received numerous awards at both international and national trade fairs.
- Since 1922, the company’s tasteful and highly nutritional products have been capturing consumers’ hearts.