Corporate Social Responsibility
All of us in E. J. Papadopoulos S.A. do not perceive “corporate responsibility” as another term of the modern business jargon. On the contrary, it is translated into everyday, unselfconscious and sincere offering. It means to us good deeds whereby we attempt to show our gratitude to the Greek consumers who have adored and trusted us for 92 years. We aim to make more and more people smile each and every day.
MAKING CHILDREN SMILE Children – the most vulnerable social group – are our future. They have so many different needs that vary from nutrition, education, sports and entertainment to welfare infrastructure and services. We make our own small contribution to building a better tomorrow via supporting a number of organizations and activities and taking initiatives to help children. We always stand by them and we try to cater for their needs in any way we can.
Smiles in education
The global education of children, as well as the dissemination of the value of a daily balanced nutrition are of paramount importance for all of us in Papadopoulos company. We aim at undertaking and supporting activities that contribute to the intellectual and physical education of children. In recent years, the company has been by the children’s side with meaningful actions. Here are some of them:
- Planning and organizing educational school visits to the firm’s plants in Tavros and Thessaloniki. The visits’ purpose is to introduce our little friends to the magic world of biscuits, guide them around the firm’s facilities and show them exactly how biscuits are made, from the processing of the raw materials to the packaging and the storage.
- Collaboration with the Hellenic Children’s Museum: for the past 15 years, E.J. Papadopoulos S.A. has been a good friend and a permanent sponsor of the Children’s Museum, aiming to stimulate children’s creativity and imagination, in their own special place inside the museum. The “Kitchen exhibit”, which is sponsored every year by our company, is housed in one of the rooms of the neoclassical building in the area of Plaka, where the museum is located. In a small, typical kitchen, kids learn how to prepare and bake biscuits, wearing the aprons and hats and using the traditional recipes and healthy, nutritious materials that are provided to them by our company. According to experts, cooking is an important educational activity because it engages all senses, promotes team spirit and rewards creativity.
- Support and participation in school events with reference to nutritional matters and the promotion of health education in order to help children understand the value of proper nutrition.
Smiles in culture and entertainment
- Sponsorship of theatrical performances for children.
- Permanent collaboration with Attica Park: for 20 years, Papadopoulos company has been a regular sponsor of Attica Park. Treating animals and the natural environment with love and respect are values that need to be imparted to kids from a very young age. The visits and the programs organised by Attica Park enable children to increase their environmental awareness and build a strong relationship with the environment.
- Participation in events and festivities organized by nurseries, kindergardens, primary schools and high schools all over Greece
- Support of summer camps which are attended by children of large families and vulnerable groups.
- Support of Greek Scout and Guiding Organizations.
Smiles in childcare
The work and accomplishments of children’s organizations are very important; thus, Papadopoulos company strives to support and contribute to their goals in any possible way, so that their work with regards to providing help to children in need is continued unhampered. Therefore, it is our great pleasure to support the following organizations:
- FLOGA (Greek Parents Association of Children with Cancer)
- Greek Society of Pediatric Hematology Oncology
- Rehabilitation center for disabled children of Voula
- Rehabilitation center for disabled children of Pentelis
- ELEPAP (Hellenic Society for Disabled Children)
- SOS Children’s Villages
- Hatzikyriakio Child Care Institution
- Together for Children Association
- Amalieio Orphanage
- Make a Wish Foundation
MAKING SOCIETY SMILE
The society, and especially the vulnerable groups, constantly has great needs that have to be covered. This is why we stand firmly by the people in need. Especially in recent years, our company has undertaken initiatives to support organizations that help our fellow citizens, who are struggling even more now. The work carried out by these organizations is crucial, while their needs, which need to be catered so that their goals are attained, are significant. The coverage of the need in food constitutes a priority, as this need has been exacerbated due to the economic crisis in the recent years. It is more than our duty to stand by these organizations and contribute, in our own special way, to the continuation of their work and to make as many people as possible smile. This is why we are active participants and supporters of the following organizations’ work:
SMILES IN 2013
E.J. Papadopoulos S.A. is actively involved in the country’s development via acting responsibly, showing respect to people and the environment as well as being sensitive and in the spirit of making all people smile everyday. For 2013, our goal is not only to pursue our existing collaborations and actions but also to go beyond that; to strengthen our activities, help even more people in need… and “hand out” plenty of SMILES!